Geometry Pad allows you create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system.
This application is a valuable tool for everyone who want to develop and improve geometry skills. For teachers it allows to add an interactive component to teaching geometry.
The following tools are built into the application:
- Move and scale. Scroll the workbook by your finger. Pinch and zoom the content of your workbook. Create, modify and measure shapes.
- Point. Plot a point on the workbook. Customize point name and color.
- Line. Create a line. Customize line style, color and start/end points. Calculate line length (distance between points).
- Midpoint for lines. Show/hide midpoint for lines and polygon sides. Snap to midpoints.
- Parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. The lines can be created as easily as regular lines. Just create and move the line until it automatically snaps to parallel, perpendicular or tangent.
- Angle. Create an angle with up to 1 degree precision. Customize angle line style and color. Use snapping to create center and inscribed angles and to investigate circle theorems.
- Triangle. Create a triangle of one of the predefined types: regular, right triangle, isosceles, equilateral. Customize sides style and color. Calculate triangle perimeter and area. Calculate inner angles of the triangle and length of its sides.
- Triangle lines. Create altitude, bisector and median lines in a triangle. Calculate length of triangle lines. Customize lines style and color.
- Quadrilateral. Create a quadrilateral of one of the predefined types: regular, square, rectangle, parallelogram, rhombus. Customize sides style and color. Calculate quadrilateral perimeter and area. Calculate inner angles of the quadrilateral and length of its sides.
- Circle. Create a circle. Calculate circle perimeter and area.
- Circle radius and chord. Create radius and chord lines for a circle. Customize lines style and color. Calculate the length of the lines.
- Text annotations. Create floating and pinned single and multiple lines text annotations. Customize text/background color and transparency.
- Measurements tool. Measure shape properties in single touch. Measure intersection points (line & line, line & circle). Use multitouch to measure distance between points and angle between lines.
Manage multiple workbooks at the same time using the Save and Load features. In addition, you can export workbooks as images or e-mail them right from the application.
Some of the tasks you can solve with Geometry Pad:
- Create geometric shapes and measure all its possible metrics like length, angle, area, perimeter, intersections, distance between points, angles between lines.
- Move/resize geometric shapes and watch how metrics change in real time.
- Demonstrate circle theorems by creating and changing inscribed and center angles.
- Demonstrate theorems about incircle and excircle locations.
- Create and annotate complex geometric figures. Share them through the export to image and e-mail features.
Please let us know what you think of the application. Suggestions and feature requests are welcomed! Just hit the Feedback item under the documents menu inside the application and write us an e-mail.